Staff are people we know well enough to rely on. For Staff, the success of the convention comes first. Staff have previously proven commitment to their schedule. Staff committing to the 12+ hour level are called upon to help fill unexpected schedule shortfalls, to “do whatever it takes.”
Staff must apply and be approved before the con, must be known to be reliable, and are usually either people we’ve worked with before, or well-established staff members from other conventions.
Staff members don’t have to be leads (though leads do have to be staff).
- Love and Adoration
- Early access to hotel booking next year
- Priority for the quiet floor this year (apply on hotel page)
- A special thank-you gift
- A free attendee-level badge
- Three $12 meal vouchers
- Three more $12 meal vouchers
- A ticket to the Sunday night Staff Appreciation Dinner
- One night removed from your Hotel bill (See Hotel Reward, below)
- Free badge upgraded to Sponsor level.
- Free badge upgraded to Patron level.
In order to receive this reward, you must ensure all of the following:
You must submit your Volunteer Application and be assigned to a department at least one month prior to the convention.
Your legal name must be listed on the hotel booking as a Primary or Additional Guest.
The name listed on the hotel booking must match the name on your BLFC registration exactly.
Ex: “Mike” on the hotel booking and “Michael” on your registration will result in the discount not being applied.