If you are an attendee, please visit the Dealers Den page for sales hours, ticket system information, etc.
Whether you’re a large vendor with lots of merchandise or an individual artist wanting to sell your work, we have a space for you! BLFC offers two unique areas for vendors:
- Dealers Den: Your choice of either a table or a booth. Spaces are reserved for the entire weekend. Optional upgrades are available such as access to electricity. Dealers Den applications are approved using a jurying process. Sub-selections are offered for a general audience space for G-rated only content or if you require a space in the Black Market for adult content.
- Bazaar: Half of a table space intended for commission artists and other vendors who have a simple setup that can be easily set up and torn down. Prices are greatly reduced from Dealers Den prices. Bazaar applications are approved randomly.
Wi-Fi access will be provided free of charge for all vendors in both Dealers Den and Bazaar.
- Con badges are not included and must be purchased separately.
- Assistants must also purchase their own badges.
- City of Reno vendor permit is included in the cost of your space.
- If you’re sharing your space, additional permits must be purchased for $20 extra. An additional permit is only required if the shared space recipient operates under their own business name. Dealers operating under permit only must still apply using that option. Payments either through an add-on on another application or the individual application are both valid and only need to be paid for once.
- If you have a Nevada Tax ID, you must still submit your license form with the ID and your remittance frequency.
- Application does not guarantee a Dealers Den or Bazaar space. Please read the rules.
- Approval in prior years does not guarantee approval this year.
To apply, navigate to our application using the button below. The option to apply for either Dealers Den or Bazaar will appear after filling in your business information.
Dealer applications will close on Friday, May 12th.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.
Space reserved for the entire weekend.
|Table (One 8' x 2.5' table)||$150||+$100|
|Limit two tables. More may be granted upon special request and approval.|
|Booth (12' x 12' floor space)||$300||+$200|
|Includes two tables. Double booth includes four. More tables or booth space may be granted upon special request and approval.|
Optional upgrades are available for Dealers Den vendors.
4’ x 2.5’ table space for simple setups. Flexible dates.
*must be Tues-Wed or Wed-Thurs
The Dealers Den offers two types of vendor experiences: Tables and Booths. Tables provide you with a typical furry convention vendor experience where you are provided with a table and some seating space behind it. We recommend a Table for traditional vendors, smaller vendors or if it’s your first time! Booths provide you with a floor space that you can use as you wish. We recommend a Booth for vendors who need to provide an interactive space for their customers or have a lot of merchandise and benefit from a “store” setup.
You can select optional upgrades while submitting your application.
|Electricity upgrade (0 - 400W)||$75|
|Example: A laptop driving a flat screen display sign, or a couple of phone chargers.|
|Electricity upgrade (401W+)||$150|
|Example: Multiple monitors and computers, heavy heat producing equipment, large displays of lights or many charging banks for batteries, pins, LEDS and so on.|
|Extra Business License||$20|
|Select to purchase an additional business license for a friend (of their own business) to share your selected space. They must apply under license only.|
|General Rating Area Requirement/Request||$0|
|Select for placement in the general audience area that displays G-rated content only.|
|Black Market Requirement/Request||$0|
|Select for placement in the Black Market that displays explicit and NSFW content.|
Bazaar vendors get a 4’ x 2.5’ space for their setup, or half of a 8’ x 2.5’ table. Two vendors will be assigned to each table. Full tables are not available. Upgrades are not available for Bazaar vendors, including electricity, so make sure you bring spare batteries and plan accordingly.
Setup and Teardown
|Monday||12PM - 8PM|
|Tuesday||9AM - Noon||6PM - 7PM|
|Wednesday||10AM - 11AM||6PM - 7PM|
|Thursday||10AM - 11AM||5PM - 8PM
**Don’t forget taxes!
|Tuesday||Noon - 6PM|
|Wednesday||11AM - 6PM|
|Thursday||11AM - 5PM|
Selection Process (Dealers Den only)
BLFC operates with a juried process for selecting dealers. We avoid the “first-come-first-serve” method because we believe curating the applications helps provide the best dealer hall experience for our attendees. Unfortunately we do not like to go into the specifics of how the jurying process works. If everyone knew how the process worked, it opens up the process to manipulation, and then we wouldn’t be able to judge vendors on merits that we deem are important.
To help increase your chances of being a selected dealer, here are some tips!
- Fill out your application correctly: We ask that you please take your time to fill out your application properly, accurately, and to the best of your ability. Incorrect applications do not let us judge your work properly. Remember, there’s no rush in submitting your application! Please ensure provided links are accurate and up-to-date.
- Present only your work: Be sure to provide us with a website that properly presents only your own work. We need to be able to quickly discern between your work and your Tumblr/Twitter reshares/retweets. We do not wish to judge your application with someone else’s work or between photos of your delicious dinners. Keep in mind any links or pictures provided will be publicly viewable once the Dealer List goes live.
- Present your work well: Make sure your website is up to date with your latest offerings! Have good clear photos of your merchandise. If you are using art galleries, be sure to use folders to separate your work by types, this will let us quickly find everything you have to offer.
- Apply for the appropriate space: If you are applying for a booth or for two tables, your website and application needs to prove to us that you will use the space properly. If you don’t feel you have enough merchandise, we highly recommend sharing a table with a friend, they can help fill up the table and you get someone to pass the time with.
How to remit taxes
At the start of the convention you will be provided with a temporary business license. This piece of paper must remain on you at all hours of operation during the event. You must remit your sales taxes before you leave. The final evening after 5PM is dedicated to this process. Taxes are collected on all sales done on the convention property, including sales processed through online payment processors (such as: Stripe, PayPal).
The city of Reno (not the state) requires a temporary business license for exhibitors at conventions. The cost of this business license is included in your space, and BLFC will provide you with the business license by Tuesday of the convention before business begins. Con staff will help you fill out the form; it’s easy. Some of the information will be filled out for you. Should you not have a form, or lose your form, please stop by the convention store to pick one up.
All sales are subject to state and local sales tax (percentage will be available in your tax form). You must complete your sales taxes with the Dealers Den staff before you leave. Nevada has no income tax; be sure to check if you owe income tax in your home state/country. Both the state and the convention receive a copy of the paperwork you submit.
If you include sales tax in your prices, you must have signage posted at your table that states “sales tax is included in the price.”
You must submit sales tax before you leave. After the final day, the Dealers Den closes an hour early to support this process and teardown. Vendors must bring their final sales total to Dealer Operations and pay their sales taxes before leaving the convention. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected in future years, and your nonpayment will be reported to the Nevada Department of Taxation for collections.
The Dealers Den staff can work with you at any time to process your checkout and collect taxes. Once you check out, you cannot continue business.
Content of any maturity level can be sold in the Dealers Den, however adult content must be hidden. In the Dealers Den and Bazaar, it is your responsibility to restrict visibility of adult material from the eyes of minors. Restricted material involves images depicting (a) use of narcotics, steroids, or usage of products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (d) items that are considered obscene, (e) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (f) overly generous amount of exposed flesh, (g) items that are meant to be arousing.
If you are selling content depicting copyrighted characters, it is your responsibility to get the appropriate licenses to sell that content.
Food, Drink & Tobacco products
Per hotel policy, pre-packaged manufactured food or drinks cannot be sold by vendors. Small candy can be given away, but not sold. Per city ordinance, all tobacco-related products (including nicotine-free vaporizer products) require a special business license that costs several hundred dollars.
BLFC does not allow auctions to be performed on the premises unless they are silent auctions with written bids. You may have silent auctions at your booth/table, but our Art Gallery is usually a better place to sell items this way, and we usually have space to fit in a few extra items.
Vendors are not allowed to hold raffles of any kind. Raffles are considered “illegal lotteries” in the state of Nevada.
Pets and Animals
The Dealers Den and Bazaar are busy locations without easy access to the outside. We do not recommend that vendors bring their pets along as this can be stressful for the animal. As per the hotel policy, service dogs that meet the requirements set forth by State of Nevada statute (NRS 426.510) will still be accepted on property. If you are bringing a service animal, please be sure to let us know so we can try to accommodate you in a location with ample space behind your table.
I submitted an application. Do I get a space?
Submitting an application does not guarantee a Dealers Den or Bazaar space. Approved vendors will be notified via email.
For Dealers Den applications, judging is based on items that the applicant wishes to sell, quality of items compared to other applicants, and presentation of product. Other criteria may be added as necessary.
There is no jurying for the Bazaar and applications are approved randomly.
How will my stuff be secured when the Dealers Den is closed?
At the end of business each day, the Dealers Den doors will be closed, locked, and will not be opened for anyone. If you forget something you need, you will not be able to retrieve it until the next day. We recommend that you bring a sheet to cover your whole table whenever you are not manning it, to make it clear that your business is closed. If you must leave your table unmanned during business hours, you must make your own arrangements for protecting your table.
Will there be Wi-Fi access?
Vendor Wi-Fi will be provided for vendors at no extra cost. Wi-Fi password will be provided to vendors at the beginning of the convention, should you not receive the password please stop by the convention store.
How many chairs does each table get? Can I request more?
Each table comes with two chairs. There may be more chairs available, but usually they are in limited supply. Please inform us if you’ll need more than two chairs ahead of time and we should be able to accommodate the request.
Is any additional equipment provided?
BLFC does not provide any additional equipment aside from the table, chairs, and table cloth. Electricity supply is available via optional purchase.
Can I bring assistants?
Assistants of vendors will need to buy their own con badge to access the Dealers Den. When submitting your application, indicate the names of your helpers, so their badges can read “dealer assistant.”
Can I request to be placed next to another vendor?
Vendors can add their seating preference via the “Seating Preferences” option in the registration/dealer app menu (you may need to refresh the registration page after making your application to see it).
You will need to provide your Vendor ID/name to the vendor you wish to sit next to, they’ll put it into their form and you’ll need to do the same with their Vendor ID/name. We will only honor seating arrangements from vendors who mutually request each other.
You may request to sit next to multiple people if you are part of a large group.
Will there be access to electricity?
Dealers Den: Electricity costs us a lot of money and thus electricity will be an additional charge. Please refer to Optional upgrades for pricing.
Bazaar: Electricity is not available at Bazaar tables. Bring spare batteries and plan accordingly.
How do I pay for my table?
When your application is accepted, you will receive payment instructions via email. Payment can be done through the registration website.
Is there a waiting list?
You will receive an email if you are placed on a waiting list. When applications on the waiting list are accepted, you will have 7 days to respond before staff moves on to the next vendor on the list.
If you have any additional questions or would like clarification, please feel free to contact us.