If you are an attendee, please visit the Dealers Den page for sales hours, ticket system information, etc.
Important announcement regarding vendor spaces
We have been notified of another organization claiming to provide vendor spaces near our event.
BLFC is not affiliated with or connected in any way to other organizations offering vendor spaces.
The only legitimate way to request a vendor table at BLFC is through this page.
The Dealers Den is now full and approved vendors have been notified.
If you are an approved vendor, please follow the instructions that have been emailed to you and pay in our registration system. Once paid, you can reserve a room here.
Applications submitted from this point on will be placed on our waitlist.
You may be interested in becoming a Bazaar vendor instead, which is now open for applications.
Apply For Waitlist
- Con Badges are not included & must be purchased separately! Any assistants must also purchase their own badges.
- Application does not guarantee a Dealers Den space. Please read the rules.
- Approval in prior years does not guarantee approval this year.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.
BLFC offers two types of vendor experiences, Tables and Booths. Tables provide you with a typical furry convention vendor experience where you are provided with a table and some seating space behind it. We recommend a Table for traditional vendors, smaller vendors or if it’s your first time! Booths provide you with a floor space that you can use as you wish. We recommend a Booth for vendors who need to provide an interactive space for their customers or have a lot of merchandise and benefit from a “store” setup.
Table - $150
- Includes one 8’x2.5’ table. Additional tables available (see Optional Upgrades).
- Limit two tables ($250). More may be granted upon a special request and approval.
- Badge NOT included; it must be purchased separately.
- City of Reno Vendor Permit is included in the cost of the table. If you’re sharing the table, additional permits must be purchased (see Optional Upgrades).
Booth - $250
- 12’x12’ floor space to use as you see fit.
- Includes two 8’x2.5’ tables. More tables or booth space may be granted upon a special request and approval.
- Badge NOT included; it must be purchased separately.
- City of Reno Vendor Permit is included in the cost of the table. If you’re sharing the table, additional permits must be purchased (see below).
You can select your optional upgrades while submitting your application.
- Electricity upgrade (0 - 400W) - $75 for up to 400 watts. (Ex: A laptop driving a flat screen display sign, or a couple of phone chargers.)
- Electricity upgrade (401W+) - $120 for anything past 400W. Any electricity requirement that is above 400W for a space. (Multiple monitors and computers, heavy heat producing equipment, large displays of lights or many charging banks for batteries, pins, LEDS and so on.)
- Black Market upgrade - $0 (allows open display of 18+ content! Includes 18+ age check at the entrance!)
- Additional vendor permit - $20 Required if sharing a table with a friend.
- Additional 8’x2.5’ table - $100 for Standard, $50 for Booth.
Dealers Den Hours
|Dealer Only Hours (Setup and Teardown)
||1PM - 8PM
||9AM - Noon & 6PM - 7PM
||10AM - 11AM & 6PM - 7PM
||10AM - 11AM & 5PM - 8PM
||Noon - 6PM
||11AM - 6PM
||11AM - 5PM
BLFC operates with a juried process for selecting dealers. We avoid the “first-come-first-serve” method because we believe curating the applications helps provide the best dealer hall experience for our attendees. Unfortunately we do not like to go into the specifics of how the jurying process works. If everyone knew how the process worked, it opens up the process to manipulation, then we wouldn’t be able to judge vendors on merits that we deem are important.
To help increase your chances of being a selected dealer, here are some tips!
- Fill out your application correctly: We ask that you please take your time to fill out your application properly, accurately, and to the best of your ability. Incorrect applications do not let us judge your work properly. Remember, there’s no rush in submitting your application!
- Present only your work: Be sure to provide us with a website that properly presents only your own work. We need to be able to quickly discern between your work and your Tumblr/Twitter reshares/retweets. We do not wish to judge your application with someone else’s work or between photos of your delicious dinners. Keep in mind any links provided may be publicly viewable once the Dealer List goes live.
- Present your work well: Make sure your website is up to date with your latest offerings! Have good clear photos of your merchandise. If you are using art galleries, be sure to use folders to separate your work by types, this will let us quickly find everything you have to offer.
- Apply for the appropriate space: If you are applying for a booth or for two tables, your website and application needs to prove to us that you will use the space properly. If you don’t feel you have enough merchandise, we highly recommend sharing a table with a friend, they can help fill up the table and you get someone to pass the time with.
How to remit taxes
At the start of the convention you will be provided with a temporary business license. This piece of paper must remain on you at all hours of operation during the event. You must remit your sales taxes on Sunday before you leave. Taxes are collected on all sales done on the convention property, including sales processed through online payment processors (such as: Stripe, Paypal).
The city of Reno (not the state) requires a temporary business license for exhibitors at conventions. The cost of this business license is included in your Dealers Den space, and BLFC will provide you with the business license by Friday of the convention before business begins. Con staff will help you fill out the form; it’s easy. Most of the information will be filled out for you. Should you not have a form, or lose your form, please stop by the convention store to pick one up.
All sales are subject to state and local sales tax (percentage will be available in your tax form). At the end of the con, you must complete your sales taxes with the Dealers Den lead before you leave. Nevada has no income tax; be sure to check if you owe income tax in your home state/country. Both the state and the convention receive a copy of the paperwork you submit.
If you include sales tax in your prices, you must have signage posted at your table that states “sales tax is included in the price.”
You must submit sales tax after closing on Sunday before you leave. Dealers must bring their final sales total to Dealer Operations and pay their sales taxes before leaving the convention. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected in future years, and your nonpayment will be reported to the Nevada Department of Taxation for collections.
The Dealers Den lead can work with you at any time to process your checkout and collect taxes. Once you check out, you cannot continue business.
Content of any maturity level can be sold in either the Dealers Den or the Black Market (this includes standard, booth, and bazaar tables). Black Market allows unrestricted display of mature content so long as it is not audible. In the Dealers Den, it is your responsibility to restrict visibility of adult material from the eyes of minors. Restricted material involves images depicting (a) use of narcotics, steroids, or usage of products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (h) overly generous amount of exposed flesh, (i) items that are meant to be arousing.
If you are selling content depicting copyrighted characters, it is your responsibility to get the appropriate licenses to sell that content.
Food, Drink & Tobacco products
Per hotel policy, pre-packaged manufactured food or drinks cannot be sold by dealers. Small candy can be given away, but not sold. Per city ordinance, all tobacco-related products (including nicotine-free vaporizer products) require a special business license that costs several hundred dollars.
BLFC does not allow auctions to be performed on the premises UNLESS they are silent auctions with written bids. You may have silent auctions at your booth/table, but our Art Gallery is usually a better place to sell items this way, and we usually have space to fit in a few extra items.
Dealers are not allowed to hold raffles of any kind. Raffles are considered “illegal lotteries” in the state of Nevada.
Pets and Animals
The Dealers Den is a busy location without easy access to the outside, we do not recommend that vendors bring their pets along as this can be stressful for the animal. As per the hotel policy, service dogs that meet the requirements set forth by State of Nevada statute (NRS 426.510) will still be accepted on property. If you are bringing a service animal, please be sure to let us know so we can try to accommodate you in a location with ample space behind your table.
Application does not guarantee a Dealers Den space. Approved dealers will be notified via email. Judging is based on items that the applicant wishes to sell, quality of items compared to other applicants, and presentation of product. Other criteria may be added as necessary.
At the end of business each day, the dealer room doors will be closed, locked, and will not be opened for anyone. If you forget something you need, you will not be able to retrieve it until the next day. We recommend that you bring a sheet to cover your whole table whenever you are not manning it, to make it clear that your business is closed. If you must leave your table unmanned during business hours, you must make your own arrangements for protecting your table.
Dealer WiFi will be provided for dealers at no extra cost. WiFi password will be provided to dealers at the beginning of the convention, should you not receive the password please stop by the convention store.
Each table comes with two chairs. There may be more chairs available, but usually they are in limited supply. Please inform us if you’ll need more than two chairs ahead of time and we should be able to accommodate the request.
BLFC does not provide any additional equipment aside from the table, chair, and table cloth.
Assistants of dealers will need to buy their own con badge to access the Dealers Den. When submitting your application, indicate the names of your helpers, so their badges can read “dealer assistant.”
Sit Next To …
Vendors can add their seating preference via the “Seating Preferences” option in the registration/dealer app menu (you may need to refresh the registration page after making your application to see it).
You will need to provide your Vendor ID to the vendor you wish to sit next to, they’ll put it into their form and you’ll need to do the same with their Vendor ID. We will only honor seating arrangements from vendors who mutually request each other.
You may request to sit next to multiple people if you are part of a large group.
Dealer electricity costs us a lot of money and thus electricity will be an additional charge. The cost for electricity is $75 for power draw below 400W, and $120 for power draw above 400W.
Payment for Table
When your application is accepted, you will receive payment instructions via email. Payment can be done through the registration website.
You will also receive an email if you are placed on a waiting list. When applications on the waiting list are accepted, you will have 7 days to respond before staff moves on to the next dealer on the list.
Size of Table
The table dimensions are 2.5 feet by 8 feet. You do have some space behind your table but please be courteous to other vendors who are behind you or who might need to use the space behind tables to enter/exit the area.
If you have any additional questions or would like clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Contact Dealers Den