News & Updates
BLFC 2020 Update Regarding COVID-19
The initial rescheduling of BLFC was always hopeful of, and dependent upon, the COVID-19 situation in the US reaching a point where large gatherings could safely occur, and attendees could safely travel. Unfortunately, we have trended further into the realm of uncertainty and the possibility of a safe 2020 convention has become increasingly unlikely.
Given the above, and the essential priority of acting in the best interests of the health and safety of convention attendees and volunteers, we and the GSR have agreed to cancel BLFC 2020 entirely, while looking forward to and proceeding with plans to host BLFC 2021 from June 3 to June 6, 2021.
BLFC will be rescheduled to June 3 - June 6, 2021.
- If you have a reservation out of block, you are responsible for canceling it. Refunds of deposits will depend on the terms of your individual reservation, and cancellation information can be found in your confirmation email.
- If your reservation was in-block, GSR will be automatically moving your reservation to our 2021 dates, maintaining the same day of the week you previously selected for check in and check out . You can expect an email from the GSR in the next few weeks with instructions on how to cancel this reservation if you are not planning to attend in 2021. Please note that GSR is not taking cancellation requests at this time, and appreciates your patience.
- All paid BLFC 2020 registrations will automatically carry over to BLFC 2021, at the same registration level.
- Those who wish to have their BLFC 2020 registration refunded and not carried over to 2021 may request a refund. Click the triple-dot, select “Request Refund,” and submit the refund request.
- If you want to donate your registration fees, thank you! Go to the registration system and check the box marked “please donate my registration fees if I don’t make it to the con.” It will be used to cover our added covid-19 expenses, with any excess donated to our charity, Safe Haven.
Dealers, Bazaar, Art Gallery, Panels and DJ applications:
Selections and pending applications for any con activity will all carry over to the 2021 date. If you canceled any of these things because of the move to Halloween, contact the relevant department to ask to be reinstated, and we will make every effort to get you back in. Contact information should be in your original acceptance email.
We were all looking forward to BLFC 2020, and we know you were too. While circumstances do not allow for BLFC this year, we are eagerly planning Biggest Little Fur Con 2021, and excited for the return of the many other conventions that are core to our fandom. We are also tremendously grateful to the Grand Sierra Resort and their staff who have worked with us over these last months on the task of postponing our event, as well as the tireless efforts of BLFC volunteers coping with the rescheduling and postponement.
Stay tuned to our website and social media for more information, including details on drawings for the remaining hotel rooms, vendor selections, and more over the next few months. Take the time to further refine and perfect those Neo-Reno cyberpunk props and outfits, and above all else stay safe and healthy so we can see you in 2021!
Regards, BLFC exec team
- Registration: https://reg.goblfc.org
- Refund request: https://reg.goblfc.org/account/orders (Click the triple dot and click “request refund”)
- Donate your registration: https://reg.goblfc.org/event/register/edit and check the “donate” checkbox.
- Volunteers: email email@example.com
- Dealers: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bazaar: email email@example.com
- Art Gallery: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panels and Events: email email@example.com